ICAO / IATA
THY / TK
Turkish Airlines is Turkey's national flag carrier airline. Turkish Airlines is headquartered at Turkish Airlines General Management Building on Ataturk Airport's grounds in Yesilkoy, Bakırkoy, Istanbul.
As of September 2017, the carrier operates scheduled services to a total of 302 destinations in 120 countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, and the Americas, which makes it the world's 4th-largest airline by number of destinations. Turkish Airlines serves more destinations non-stop from one single airport than any other European airline. With an operational fleet of 14 cargo aircraft, its cargo division operates to 64 destinations.
- The main base of Turkish Airlines is Istanbul Ataturk Airport. There are also secondary hubs located at Adnan Menderes Airport, Esenboga International Airport and Sabiha Gokcen International Airport. Turkish Airlines has been a Star Alliance network's member since April 1, 2008.
- Turkish Airlines runs its own maintenance center, named Turkish Technic, in carrier's hub at Istanbul Ataturk Airport. The maintenance centre is responsible for the MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) of Turkish Airlines and third party aircraft, such as APU, airframe, landing gear, and other subsystems.
- Turkish Airlines Flight Academy was founded by the 28th THY Board on November 10, 2004 and started training with 16 cadets on May 1, 2006. The Academy is based at Istanbul Ataturk Airport and uses nearby Corlu Airport for its training activities.
- Miles & Smiles is Turkish Airlines' frequent-flyer programme, which was inaugurated in 2000 after the carrier left Qualiflyer. Earned miles are used on all flights of Turkish Airlines, as well as on flights by the Star Alliance network. Elite and Elite+ Miles & Smiles cards entitle their owners to the benefits as Star Alliance Gold users. Miles & Smiles Classic+ card holders are entitled to the benefits of Star Alliance Silver card members.
Turkish Airlines Classes
- Business: Business Class seats include ottomans that create a 188 cm (75 in) long sleeping spaces when in fully-reclined bed position. A reading light is available to all passengers, as well as other seat functions like a massage button. Position selections are accessed on the control panel beneath armrest. Onboard power receptacles supply energy for laptops or other electrical devices. The armrest serves as privacy screen and is used via a touch button. A table is located in the cenral console. It moves forward/backward and swivels to allow freedom of movement. Individual touch-screens and Planet digital system are used for in-flight entertainment on international flights. In-flight connectivity enables travelers to send/receive text messages and e-mails. The news channel offers world news and weather report. Connections enable passengers to use their individual screens, USB devices or personal iPods. All passengers can watch the takeoff/landing of their aircraft on two cameras that are mounted at the front and back. Depending on the length of flight, news, films and short programs are shown on scheduled and chartered international flights onboard airplanes that have a video but no digital system. Music programs may be available, depending on the type of airplane, on Turkish Airlines long-haul and international flights.
- Economy: Economy Seat pitch is 78 cm (32 in). Maximum seatback recline is 15 cm (6 in). The seat pan moves forward additional 3.5 cm (1.5 in) providing a total recline of 19 cm (7.5 in). Power receptacles underneath the seat pans supply energy for laptops or other electrical devices. Personal USB/Ethernet jack is also offered at each seat. The non-intrusive, flush headrests extend a maximum of 12.7 cm (5 in). Adjustable footrests are available for added comfort. Individual touch-screens and Planet digital system are used for in-flight entertainment on international flights onboard A330, A340, B737-800, B737-900 and B777 aircraft. Depending on the type of plane, passengers may choose their programs either on the touch-screen or via using the remote control device that is attached to the seat. In partnership with AeroMobile, TTNET and Panasonic Turkish Airlines offer a couple of connectivity services onboard selected flights: Wi-Fi and mobile phone network. Depending on the length of flight, news, films and short programs are shown on scheduled and chartered international flights onboard airplanes that have a video but no digital system.
- Carry-on baggage: Business Class passengers are allowed 2 bags and 1 personal item with maximum dimensions of each piece of carry-on 23x40x55cm and maximum weight of each piece 8 kg. Economy Class passengers are allowed 1 bag and 1 personal item with maximum dimensions of carry-on 23x40x55cm and maximum weight of carry-on 8 kg. All carry-on luggage has to fit under the seat in front or in the overhead bin and passengers must be able to lift their carry-on into overhead storage without assistance.
- Checked baggage: flights to/from Canada and the USA - Business Class passengers' baggage allowance is 2 pieces with a maximum weight for each 32 kg and maximum dimensions for each 158 cm; Economy Class passengers' baggage allowance is 2 pieces with a maximum weight for each 23 kg and maximum dimensions for each 158 cm, but the two combined cannot exceed 273 cm; flights not to/from Canada and the USA - Business Class passengers: max weight 30 kg; Economy Class passengers: max weight 20 kg.
- Turkish Airlines application offers easy access to all services of the carrier via mobile devices. This way, Turkish Airlines passengers can easily buy tickets, book their flights, check-in, track departure and arrival statuses, manage Miles & Smiles account.
- Online check-in is available for all travellers who have ticketed reservation. Online check-in starts 24 hours prior to and ends 90 minutes before flight departure time. However, online check-in is available at select airports only.
- Check-in formalities like displaying passports and visas and other security procedures are completed at airline's online check-in counters. In case online check-in counters aren't available at the airport, passengers can use business class counters. All travellers have to make sure to leave ample time to go through all needed security procedures.
- For international flights bag check-in closes 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time; for domestic flights 30 minutes prior to departure. In case of excess baggage, Turkish Airlines passengers must consider the time spent for excess baggage payment. Those without baggage can proceed to the boarding gate bringing their printed boarding passes only.
Food & Drinks
- Business Class Catering Services
Intercontinental Flights: On Turkish Airlines Intercontinental flights, passengers benefit from restaurant-quality service with high quality menus which are regularly changed to provide new options for regular cruisers. Airline's Flying Chefs create unique atmosphere by assisting the cabin crew in the presentation of award-winning menus. Passengers in Business Class cabin are greeted with welcome drinks as they board. All meals are served on porcelain dishes, while drinks are poured into appropriate glassware. Meal service varies in content and style depending on the departure time and flight length. On long flights, two full meals are offered, and these are supplemented by additional snacks. The rich selection of hors d’oeuvres is followed by soup service, which is a Turkish tradition. A choice of entrees is available on intercontinental flights and the meals are completed with an assortment of cheese, sweets and fruit. Turkish Coffee, along with a range of non-alcoholic hot and cold drinks, is available throughout the flight. Turkish Airlines full bar includes a selection of cocktails, Turkish and International wines and beers.
International Flights: All passengers receive welcome drinks prior to departure when they board the aircraft. They also enjoy carefully selected snacks and meals that are appropriate to the duration of the flight and time of day. According to these, meal service may be a cold/hot breakfast or meal, combined with additional snack service on some longer flights. Meals are served on porcelain dishes. The options are changed on a regular basis.
Domestic Flights: All passengers receive welcome drinks prior to departure when they board the aircraft. Turkish Airlines domestic Business Class meals depend on the time of day and length of flight and may include selections from Turkish cuisine plus tasty offerings from various International cuisines.
- Economy Class Catering Services
Transoceanic and International Flights: The selections offer a choice between world and Turkish cuisine. On international flights that last up to 2 hours, Turkish Airlines offers its guests a hot sandwich. On international flights that last between 2-3 hours, the carrier also serves a selection of cakes. On certain trips of the same duration, cold or hot breakfast, or cold or hot meal may be served, depending on the time of departure. On flights that last more than 3 hours, food service varies depending on the time of departure and duration, and a cold or hot breakfast, or a cold or hot meal may be served. Snack service of cakes and sandwiches is also included on long-haul flights. Passengers may request "Special Meals" in case they have particular medical, religious or dietary requirements.
Domestic Flights: Hot sandwiches are served in economy class on Turkish Airlines domestic flights.
|Tail||Manufacturer||Model||Year of Built||Age||Delivery|