ICAO / IATA
EJA / 1I
United States of America
NetJets Inc. (Berkshire Hathaway's subsidiary), is an American company selling part ownership or shares ("fractional ownership") of private business jets. The company was established in 1964 under the name Executive Jet Aviation and was the world's first private business jet charter & aircraft management company. The fleet of NetJets is the largest in the world private jet fleet with about 700 aircraft worldwide. On June 11, 2012 the company placed an aircraft order totaling US$17.6B - the largest in private aviation history.
NetJets sells fractions of aircraft, chosen from a number of types available at the time of purchase. Owners receive guaranteed access (50–400 hours per year, depending on share size) to the aircraft with as little as 10 hours notice. If Owner's aircraft is not ailable for some reason, another one of the same type, or larger, is provided. Fractional Owners have to pay monthly maintenance and "occupied" hourly operating fees. The latter are charged only when an Owner/guest is onboard, not when the airplane is flying to a pick up point, or to another location after the completion of the flight.
For individuals or companies that require less than the minimum of 50 flight hours and the 5-year commitment of fractional ownership, these can buy flight hours in 25h increments.
NetJets was involved in a tax dispute with the United States Internal Revenue Service. Any commercial airline is charged a tax per passenger ticket to pay for a variety of Federal Aviation Administration activities. However, general aviation operations aren't charged the tax. The IRS (Internal Revenue Service) argued that NetJets fractional ownership model was in some cases disguised commercial aviation, and assessed the company with unpaid taxes and penalties that exceeded US$366 million. NetJets sued IRS over the assessment and previously paid penalties and taxes exceeding US$643 million. The recent FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) re-authorization bill contains provision that would address the issue via changing the law in order to support fractional ownership companies, including NetJets.
Passengers are able to choose from two ways to fly with NetJets: NetJets Share, or Private Jet Card programs.
NetJets aircraft ownership provides the luxury and immediacy of whole aircraft ownership, but with no operational complexities. Instead of owning a single jet, passengers have guaranteed access to the world's biggest private air fleet and are able to control what they spend on flying.
Fractional jet ownership is a smart approach to private aviation as it allows travellers to enjoy all benefits of owning a private jet for only paying the hours they fly. Owners have guaranteed access to their aircraft type or bigger, anywhere around the world, at just ten hours’ notice.
- NetJets owners purchase a portion ("share") of specific aircraft, which equals a number of hours they can fly in the aircraft. There is also an ability to upgrade/downgrade to any other jet of NetJets fleet.
- In case the jet is not available when the owner needs it, the airline provides a similar model or upgrade to next cabin class at no additional cost. Passengers always have the option to upgrade for a longer distance or to an aircraft with more seats for a fee.
- NetJets Owners seldom pay ferry charges (extra fees that most charter companies require in order to reposition aircraft). NetJets ferry waiver program often eliminates the added expense and simplifies travel.
- Via NetJets, guests don't have to hire staff or crew, negotiate fuel costs, pay for hangars and maintenance, or deal with other expenses that go with whole aircraft ownership.
- The Private Jet Card is offered by NetJets to those who want the benefits of the company but fly fewer than fifty hours per year. Via the Card, they receive access to NetJets aircraft for 25h at a time with no long-term commitment. Passengers only have to prepay for flight time on specific aircraft type of their choice. It is an option for travellers who prefer short-term commitment or just want to experience the service of a NetJets flight.
NetJets priorities include security, safety and discretion. Company's flight operations combine expert piloting, minute-by-minute weather monitoring, and dual-release departure protocols which exceed industry standards.
NetJets provides flights from the busiest travel hubs in the world to shorter runways in exclusive destinations. Company's aircraft are spotlessly clean and custom designed for comfort. Guests are welcomed with the drinks, food and amenities they specify. Each flight is stocked with an assortment of popular beverages and snacks exclusive to NetJets.
Passengers stay connected with WiFi available onboard and also enjoy high-definition in-flight TV and movies. Meals are specifically selected and seasoned. The Signature Selections Menu items include regional specialities. Table service in the larger cabin jets is as satisfying and attentive as a fine dining restaurant.
At a lot of airports, NetJets private boarding lounges simplify customs and eliminate lines. NetJets Owners have exclusive access to private points of departure. Passenger travel data is always maintained under strict confidentiality.
|Tail||Manufacturer||Model||Year of Built||Age||Delivery|
|N360QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2015||3 years||-|
|N345QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2014||4 years||-|
|N340QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2014||4 years||-|
|N337QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2014||4 years||-|
|N352QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2014||4 years||-|
|N348QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2014||4 years||-|
|N766QS||BOMBARDIER||BD-100 Challenger 350||2014||4 years||-|
|N316QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N309QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N312QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N322QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N325QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N332QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N314QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N310QS||EMBRAER||EMB-505 Phenom 300||2013||5 years||-|
|N375QS||Cessna||680 Citation Sovereign||2008||10 years||-|
|N324QS||Cessna||680 Citation Sovereign||2008||10 years||-|
|N361QS||Cessna||680 Citation Sovereign||2008||10 years||-|
|N372QS||Cessna||680 Citation Sovereign||2008||10 years||-|
|N306QS||Cessna||680 Citation Sovereign||2008||10 years||-|